Myriad myRisk® Get Started Pack
Myriad myRisk is a 35-gene panel that identifies an elevated risk for eight important cancers.
Myriad myRisk® Hereditary Cancer is a scientific advancement revolutionizing hereditary cancer testing. Blending both genetic test status AND personal cancer family history, Myriad myRisk hereditary cancer panel represents the next generation of hereditary cancer risk testing.
The Get Started Pack for Providers Includes:
- Summary bi-folds outlining related scientific news
- NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Myriad myRisk Patient Brochures
- myVision™ Myriad Variant Classification Brochure
- Gene Table and Summary of Medical Management
- The Myriad Promise Brochure
- Buccal Test Kit
Get Your Free
Get Started Pack Now!
Why Panel Testing?
Hereditary cancer panel testing optimizes patient care through increased clinical sensitivity (mutation detection). Testing a broader number of genes associated with multiple cancer risks increases clinical sensitivity. For example, many patients have personal and family history that may be explained by more than one syndrome. One patient may meet Lynch syndrome criteria and another may meet HBOC syndrome criteria. However, there are a significant number of patients that meet criteria for both Lynch and HBOC syndromes, among other risks.
Retrospective analysis of patients recorded at Myriad (2006-2013)
6.9% of patients appropriate for HBOC testing also meet Lynch criteria
30% of patients appropriate for Lynch testing also meet HBOC criteria
Myriad myRisk® Hereditary Cancer increases mutation detection by 40-50% in patients appropriate for HBOC or Lynch testing.The following case study illustrates a patient with a complex family history of cancer. A well designed hereditary cancer panel test will assess multiple genes with syndromic overlap, reducing the complexity of test selection so you can focus on optimizing medical management for your patient. Relying on single syndrome testing, the cost and time taken for multiple tests may have reduced the possibility of identifying this patient’s mutation. Learn why Myriad myRisk is the most accurate test for hereditary cancer panels.
What does the Hereditary Cancer Quiz Do?
- Immediately provide a result when one "red flag" is indicated in the patient's history
- Quickly identifies appropriate patients often in less than 30 seconds
- Provides a patient education video
- Accessible on most devices
- Links to clinical guidelines to support the red flags
What does the Family History Tool Do?
- Helps identify patients who may be appropriate for hereditary cancer testing
- Collects a thorough cancer family history
- Generates a 4-generation pedigree
- Lists all red flags indicted in the family
- Provides a chart summary of both the patient and the family
- Takes 6 minutes on average to complete