Myriad was excited to present the validation study for riskScoreTM at this year’s annual San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, which showed riskScore’s great clinical value.
As you know, riskScore is a clinically validated risk model that can help provide a personalized risk of breast cancer for eligible patients*. The model does this by assessing over 80 Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms (SNPs) known to be associated with breast cancer, combined with the Tyrer-Cuzick** model.
Summary of the validation study
1. The remaining lifetime and 5-year breast cancer risk estimates determined by riskScore were highly significant
2. riskScore added significant breast cancer risk discrimination independent of that captured by Tyrer-Cuzick for both remaining lifetime risk and 5-year risk
Resources to help you review and understand this data
1. Webinar with the lead author, Elisha Hughes, PhD, walking through the methodology and results in detail: https://vimeo.com/247363805
2. The poster presentation from the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium:https://myriad-web.s3.amazonaws.com/publications/45923666-SABCS%202017%20Hughes_Presented%20on%20December%206,%202017.pdf
3. Your local Myriad Account Executive and Regional Medical Specialist
4. Myriad’s Medical Services Department: 800-469-7423 ext. 3850 or firstname.lastname@example.org
*Eligible patients are women of solely European ancestry who have no history of breast disease or a known familial mutation in a gene associated with breast cancer
**Reference: Tyrer J, et al. A breast cancer prediction model incorporating familial and personal risk factors. Stat Med. 2004 23:1111-30.