Myriad myRisk Hereditary Cancer Test is a scientific advancement revolutionizing hereditary cancer testing
Prostate cancer patients with BRCA mutations are associated with poor survival outcomes and should be considered for tailored clinical management.2
- Poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) inhibitors have specific activity in BRCA-associated cancers including prostate cancer2
- Mutation carriers may also respond better to platinum-based chemotherapy2
- Screening for secondary cancers should be included in management
Hear about Dr. Timothy Goodson’s experience with myRisk testing
What other tests does Myriad Urology offer?
Makes Treatment Decisions Easier
Prolaris adds clinically proven information to traditional diagnostic tools and spells out how quickly a patient’s prostate cancer will progress. Put simply, a Prolaris test helps you present truly informed treatment options to your patient – providing you both confidence in your decisions.
- Prevalence of Germline Variants in Prostate Cancer and Implications for Current Genetic Testing Guidelines. Nicolosi et al. JAMA Oncol 2019.
- Germline BRCA Mutations Are Associated With Higher Risk of Nodal Involvement, Distant Metastasis, and Poor Survival Outcomes in Prostate Cancer. Castro et al. J Clin Oncol 31 (2013).
- For the most up-to-date general population and syndrome-associated cancer risks, please refer to the Gene Table at https:www.MyriadPro.com/myRisk.